Spain is a country rich in history, culture and tradition. It has long attracted retirees from all over the world with its warm climate, quality medicine and friendly people. Regardless of your financial situation, in Spain you can find a corner for a comfortable retirement life. In this article, we will tell you about the advantages of living in this wonderful country for expat retirees of different incomes and give recommendations for successful adaptation.
1. For low-income pensioners
- Housing: Small towns and villages offer affordable housing for rent or purchase. These areas also offer a unique immersion experience in traditional Spanish culture.
- Medicine: Spain’s public medical system provides quality services at affordable prices. Many medical centres are located in the centre of cities, making them easily accessible.
- Lifestyle: Living in smaller communities allows you to enjoy the tranquillity, nature and local culture. It is also a great opportunity to learn the language by interacting with the locals.
2. For middle-income pensioners
- Housing: In larger cities such as Valencia, Málaga or Seville, you can find comfortable flats in the centre or close to the beach. These cities offer a variety of cultural activities and entertainment.
- Medicine: In addition to public medicine, it is possible to go to private clinics that offer high quality services.
- Lifestyle: Spain offers many cultural events, mid-range restaurants, theatres, museums and opportunities to travel around the country.
3. For retirees with high incomes
- Housing: Luxury villas on the coast such as the Costa Brava, Marbella or Ibiza, or penthouses in the centre of Barcelona or Madrid. These properties offer the highest standard of comfort and luxury.
- Medical: High-class private clinics with the best specialists and personalised care for each patient.
- Lifestyle: Luxury restaurants, private yacht clubs, golf clubs, spas and other premium entertainment.
4. Cultural Heritage
Regardless of your budget, Spain offers a rich cultural heritage. From historical monuments such as the Alhambra in Granada to world museums such as the Prado in Madrid.
Spain is a country that can offer a comfortable retirement life for people of all income levels. From laid-back countryside life to coastal luxury, everyone will find something special to enjoy here. If you are considering a retirement move, be sure to consider Spain on your list!
Note: It is advisable to do detailed research and consult with property and migration experts before deciding to move.